Friday, July 15, 2011

Reviving TKM bond

A few months back I was trying to manage my Facebook account by moving all relatives to a "Relative group" and all friends from my Grad School, TKM to another "TKM gang group". I was quite happy with the organization and was thinking now I can post selectively. Some of the newer generation kids I know use this new feature in Facebook to post which they don't want their relatives to see. I have to admit I was not aware of this feature till someone added me in a relatives group few months back. Anyways, I didn't know how Facebook groups worked and started adding friends from TKM one by one to that group not knowing what was happening behind the scene. All my friends were getting Facebook update behind my back saying I am adding them to a group called TKM Gang. 

After a few days I started getting all these Facebook messages/wall posts from TKM friends saying thanks for adding them to the group. This is when I came to know about my accidental fame. I accidentally revived the TKM group and gave them a platform to communicate easily. For the next few days I enjoyed the fame and was the sole admin not knowing that there were loads of people waiting to join the group waiting for the sole dumb admin to approve and let them in. 

Next day I noticed the "gang" members screaming their lungs out in the newly created Facebook group to add those friends of ours who are waiting to enter. This is when I realized my blunder and quickly made some of the more vocal and more social friends admin and gave them access to allowing more friends to walk in.

Anyho, apart from those funny blunders, which still makes me smile when I think about it, I definitely revived some life to my TKM gang. Now I have something fun to read about every morning when I have some breather time at work. 


2 comments: