Friday, July 1, 2011

D.K. Bose

About a month or so ago, this new promo song started airing on MTV, a funky rock song from an upcoming bollywood movie, Delhi Belly starring 2 new faces and actor Aamir Khan's nephew, Imran Khan. The music was catchy and guys were doing a good job acting as rock stars.  From the moment I heard and watched, there was something weird in those lyrics, especially the repeat lines in the song...DK Bose. It sounded like they are warning some DK Bose guy to run for his life as a storm is heading his way.

Being an ardent Aamir Khan fan, I closely follow all his movie projects and read most of the news articles about him. So I was instantly interested when I saw this news article about the song in question in google news after a few days. It said that the film has suddenly become very popular for some wrong reasons and especially because of the "DL Bose" song. It seems there was all this hoopla around this song as it had some explicits in its lyrics. hmmm.... that made me even more curious about the song. For the next few minutes I madly searched the web for the lyrics of this song.

Once I found the lyrics, I might have read it 3-4 times and to my shock I found the lyrics very normal and there were no explicits that I know of in this song. I kept wondering for the next few days, what I might have missed in the song as it was all over the news about how explicits were used in this song and it is going to be released as an Adult certificate by the censor  board. Another movie releasing on the same day is Amitabh Bachchan's 'Buddha hoga tera baap'. I even heard Big B saying how he will never use explicits in a movie, as he would not feel comfortable.

Finally I gave up and asked Jee, yaar what is wrong with this song, it seems they have used explicits in it and I cannot find even a single word!! To this he said, honey just switch the words DK Bose or chant DK Bose a few times and you'll get it!!! ;-) I leave you all with the song to ponder on if you haven't figured it out yet... 

No comments:

Post a Comment