Friday, July 15, 2011

Honey Lemon Tea

Its been more than 2 years since we started drinking honey-lemon tea instead of the regular Indian kadak chai with milk. I was not a fan of drinking tea or coffee from the beginning. Jee who is an ardent tea lover encouraged me to start drinking tea only because he wanted his 2 cups of tea, every morning and evening. So I started drinking tea and got addicted to the 2 cups a day instantly.

Jee, the Internet research guru, did some research some odd 2 years back and found that when we add milk to tea, it looses its anti-oxidant qualities (BTW I need to confirm this myself). 

Anyways, he kind of convinced me, the hard way, to change our tea with milk to more healthy honey-lemon tea.  I revolted initially and used to hate drinking the honey-lemon tea. Mornings were fine but evening is when I missed the Indian kadak chai the most, especially after spending some 8 odd hours keeping myself awake at work. 

It took almost 2-3 months for me to stop missing the Indian kadak chai and get used to the more fancy and healthy (it seems) honey-lemon tea. Here's how we brew our honey lemon tea...

Boil water in a pan and add the desired amount of tea leaves to suit your taste. We use Tetley brand loose tea and are quite happy with the flavor. In the tea cups add some honey and lemon juice according to your taste. Strain the hot tea in the cups to make your steaming cuppa tea.
Honey and lemon

Black tea


There are some rainy days when we crave for the regular Indian kadak chai to go with pakoras but we are still very loyal to our newly found love for 'the honey-lemon tea'.


Honey-Lemon Tea

2 comments:

  1. Anand aa gaya. My neend was already oodified.... now, thanks to your lemon tea pictures it is fully gone.... disappeared!
    Making one for myself now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey-lemon or chukku kappi??

    ReplyDelete