Saturday, June 25, 2011

Woodlands experience

Sada Dosa
Woodlands is our favorite restaurant in Orlando...every single person working there know us very well now. As soon as they see us walking in they know of at least one item that we are definitely going to order. My American born 6 year old daughter loves 'sada dosa + vada' and orders it every time we go there.

The highlights of the 'Woodlands experience' as one of my colleague puts it, is their fresh home made style food. Simple authentic south Indian food is their recipe to success. I have never been a fan of dosa and sambhar but woodlands really made me a fan of sambhar so much that I can just drink 4-5 bowls of sambhar in a sitting... 

Dishes like 'upma' which I thought I'll never have in my favorite list are now in because of woodlands buffet experience. This special 'upma' is cooked in coconut milk and has small pieces of coconut and literally melts in your mouth and proves how simple taste and flavors can blow you off completely....

Its is small restaurant which will definitely remind you of any south Indian restaurant in India. Nothing about its interiors is fancy to even give it a score of 5/10 in ambiance. Yet each time we go there, we see people of all race/background enjoying south Indian vegetarian food. Of course they don't know what goes with what, for example I have seen people eating dessert 'payasam' with 'paratha' etc, but they seem to enjoy the food and the 'Woodlands experience'. Hardcore non-vegetarians won't agree with me but vegetarians I am sure will agree with the 'Woodlands experiance' in reasonable $$.

Chana Bhatura
Some of the items that are listed in their specials are really good as they advertise i.e. 'chana bhatura'. We both have found our favorites in the restaurant and usually order things that we like. Jee usually orders 'chana bhatura' and is always 100% satisfied with it and I usually go for 'matar paneer' or 'malai kofta' and am equally satisfied every time. The gujju waiter even sums up our order as one 'matar paneer picy' meaning spicy, one of the perks of being a regular ;-). 

If you are planning to visit Orlando for the 'Disney/Universal/Sea world/Other Theme parks experience' you might enjoy the 'Woodlands Experience' .... highly recommended by the Jacob family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment