Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The much anticipated vacation to India in August 2011.

Living in America, we have come to accept the fact that we won't be able to take vacations as often as NRIs residing in Singapore or Gulf. It was so convenient when we were in Singapore. Although not as convenient as anyone whose flight ends in one of the Metros or other big cities. Being a small town family, we need another one hour flight to Raipur and an hour drive from Raipur to Bhilai, our hometown.

As both our parents are settled in Bhilai, most of our vacation time has been in Bhilai itself all this time. Back in 2007, we went to Bhilai for a month and it was the most amazing and relaxing vacation of all. It was also Jee's first after we moved to America. Our daily routine included, roaming around Bhilai and shopping. Our 3 year daughter enjoyed this trip more than us as she didn't even complain once when we went on our trips down memory lane without her. She enjoyed so much playing as well as fighting with Jee's nephew, Sebin. Its amazing how she remembers the minute details from that vacation even now.

This coming vacation is really special for me as we have decided to visit my Brother who lives in Hyderabad. This will be our first visit to the City of Pearls. I have heard so much about Hyderabad since my brother joined Osmania University for his MCA. A second cousin of ours als
o moved to Hyderabad for a job and so lots of folks from my Mom's side have visited Hyderabad from time to time. The common thing I have heard about this place from all of them is of-course, the Hyderabadi Biriyani and Haleeem.

Having the best biriyani and haleem in the city will be one of my first things that I want to do when I am there. My brother also welcomed a new addition to his family in Feb this year. Sweet little Jiya, we have seen her a couple of times in Skype but I bet holding her in my arms when I see her will be a special feeling. Looking forward to that.....

Our 3rd stop is Kerala, God's Own Country. It will be my visit to Kerala after 11 long years. Although we have a lots of things to do while we are there, canceled some of them just to meet our friends. We'll be angering a lot of relatives but I am sure we'll have great fun with our friends. We'll come back to Kerala again to butter(maska) our relatives and make up for the visits we owed them this time. The highlight of the Kerala trip will be the house boat ride we are planning with Jee's best friend and namesake, who is also vacationing around the same time with his family.









I am also looking forward to the long train ride from Kerala to Mumbai in Konkan railways with Sweety and family. I know Rhea will love that train ride, her idea for

train is the little red train that she gets to ride when we visit the malls. It will also be a walk down memory lane for us, reviving all those train journeys we used to go on before.

In all our skype sessions Jee and Sweety(Jacob) have been planning all those things we are going to do when we meet. Mumbai has been set aside for all the fun and get-togethers. Since this is the last destination of our trip we are spending some time for shopping also. I am relying heavily on Sweety's knowledge of Mumbai's best places to shop. There is another half baked plan of meeting close friends of mine from TKM in Mumbai, Pavana and Prema. Girls get ready to party...

Pavana


Prema



All in all a fun filled vacation that we all are looking forward to. :-)

2 comments: