Monday, June 20, 2011

I miss you IMac


It's been just 6+ months since I left my cool work station IMac, and I am MISSING working in it a lot. There has been huge difference in the working style and also lots of new experiences like I didn't know about the "blue screen of death" before I joined this work. Working in Microsoft c#.net technology I have to put up with Windows and the sweet "blue screen of death" is part and parcel of this package. One of my first client webex (web conference) meeting went down the drain when my computer suffered this "blue screen of death" syndrome with me and my colleague, Andrew staring at a limp blue screen. We promptly apologized to the client for the technical failure and promised to  be back in the meeting in 15 minutes. Luckily, everything went on fine from there and we used Andrew's computer to finish the meeting.


I was given a another computer as soon as I reported the blue screen problem. After almost 6 months I am here again in the conference room ready for another client side deployment and my colleague, Susanna who works from New Jersey pinged me in the chat saying her computer did the "blue screen of death" thing on her. We somehow finished the first part when the client side deployment contact, Gary announced that there is some virus in his computer and he needs to restart his computer. All is well the blame is on Windows again...I can move on to my lunch break cursing windows with Gary.

****Some of the incidents and characters mentioned are pure works of imagination. Readers may sometimes find associating themselves or their acquaintances to a couple of situations. In those cases I  hope they would enjoy the journey through...

No comments:

Post a Comment